Types of Tourist Visa
Canadian Government is always acknowledged for its straightforward approach and has clearly designed categories through which travelers can come in the nation.
- Single Entry Visa: This visa permits you to enter Canada once and after that, you have to depart the nation, except traveling to the United States and St. Pierre and Miquelon, you need to get a new visa to enter the nation again.
- Multiple Entry Visa: This visa permit allows to enter and re-enter Canada for six months at a time, without reapplying each time. This visa lasts for 10 years
- Family Visitor Visa: This visa demands every family member to file visa using different Canada tourist visa forms called as Application for Temporary Residence, including other relevant forms, as well. Every applicant of 18 years or above has to submit a Family Information form. The application forms of all the family members can be assembled in one envelope including one payment receipt.
- Electronic Travel Authorization: Electronic Travel Authorization or eTA is linked to the applicant’s passport and has a validity for five years or when the passport expires, whichever is earlier. In order to apply for eTA a person needs have a valid passport, credit card and email address. The eTA is issues within 24 hours of completed form submission.
Requirements for Visa
Travel visa is popular for short-stay or for tourism purpose. Below-given are the requirements need to be met by tourists in order to apply for a visa:
- A valid passport and all the travel documents
- Good health and good moral character
- Assure the Immigration officer that you are in Canada for an interim period and would leave the nation before the expiry of your visa.
- Must have sufficient funds to stay in the nation and manage all the expenses.
How to Apply for the Visa
Tourists can choose any of the options i.e. online application or on paper to apply for a tourist visa. He following are the steps:
- Fill out the tourist visa application form : Ensure that the application is filled in the truest form . A minor mistake can result in the rejection of the visa application.
- Pay the processing fee & Visit local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) : After filing the visa application, the next step would be to pay a fee. There are two modes to pay the fees- Bank draft or certified cheque.
Once the payment is done, it’s time to visit your local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC). Don’t forget your important documents including current passport, photographs, completed forms and all supporting documents as per checklist and CIC fee instrument and payment instructions.r current fees and bank draft details.
- Submit over your application form & track your application online : You have to put forward your complete application and pay your service charges. You will be provided with the receipt. Your unique tracking number which is an important part to track the growth of your application online will be mentioned in the receipt. Along with that, you need to give your biometrics. You can track your application using the unique tracking number.
Visa Processing Time
Though the processing time for applications may vary depending on the rush, an online application takes an average of 15 days where as a paper based application take close to 20 days.